- Phoebe Halliwell: "Um, okay. Have you ever gone through a period in your life where all you can think about, all you wanna do, is just get away from it?"
- Elise Rothman: "When I was married to my ex, James L. Connors. What a schmuck."
- Phoebe Halliwell: "Okay. And you were able to move on from him, right? Rebuild your life. Even though, at the time, you probably thought you couldn't."
- Elise Rothman: "Yeah."
- — Elise speaking with Phoebe Halliwell.[src]
James L. Connors was a mortal man who married Elise Rothman, editor of The Bay Mirror. They're relationship did not worked out, possibly because of Elise's dedication to the paper, though she said that their divorce was because he was "a schmuck".
Behind the Scenes Edit
- James L. Connors' name is a reference to James L. Conway, the husband of Rebecca Balding, Elise's actress.